Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.


Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Out and About

My friend Jan was up from deepest darkest Cornwall and for once she had an evening free! and I was able to sneak a day off so I picked her up from her daughters and we headed to the Food Company for brunch..... Smoked Salmon & Scrambled Eggs and a Latte.

The food company has lots of good food and some essential supplies were purchased :) I raided their cheese for the weekend.

We then went for a ride out in the country stopping off at Baythorne Hall for some wine shopping (Jan likes a glass or two of wine, cough cough) and ended up at Finchingfield for some late lunch.

Some pics!










ooh a Kingfisher! Pity I only had a compact! It was a fair way off and not out in the open!






A bit closer but I couldn't get a clear view.


We headed home. Jan cooking a lovely meal. Seafood Terrine followed by Garlic Cod, New Pots, Leaks and Samphire! I provided a bottle or two of wine. Oh I washed up!

We then had a long natter (we talked all day!) and watched some telly. Great day and the weather was lovely!

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Sounds like you both had a superb day out :) Lovely to see the blue skies it has been dull and gloomy here for days :(