Saturday, April 16, 2016

Stoneacre

I discovered that a small National Trust in Kent was open today so.... oh ok and that for the first time this season it had a tea room! and as I had never visited off I toddled!

Stoneacre is a half timbered yeoman's house from the 15th century. It isn't a big house and you only see a few rooms but then for non members it is under a £5 oh and there is a pretty garden.

The first view as you approach.




lots of bluebells about!





The fire was on in the great hall, a fair amount warmth being thrown out....





























The tea-room is run by the tenants. My scone was small BUT it was home made and came with a cuppa for £2 no complaints.





I appreciate that there is no great art collection here and it is not one of the great buildings of the country but it is an interesting way of spending and hour or two.

2 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

What a lovely find..looks an idyllic setting - I must visit .. looks like you had some blue sky as well..

Ragged Robin said...

Ooh - I could live there :) Beautiful photos of the house and gardens.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.