Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.


Friday, March 09, 2012

Local Again

So where to today? Flipping typical the sun vanished!

Off first to Hatfield Forest, now I was hoping to hear the first Chiffchaff of the year. Unfortunately I didn't!! I did see Nuthatch, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Green Woodpecker and lots of the usual suspects. There were 7 Great Crested Grebes on the lake.

Now I hope you are sitting down although I had a Cup of Tea I DIDN'T have a bacon sandwich!






After lunch I went to Rye Meads. No Chiffchaff heard there either!! Did see a Green Sandpiper, 2 Great Crested Grebe and a Redshank!





5 comments:

ShySongbird said...

Sounds like it was a good day Pete, a shame about the lack of sun and Chiffchaff though.

Pete said...

Hi SS

yep BUT the reserve manager had heard one so they are about...:)

St Jude said...

Urn! Clearly I would like to pretend I know what one sounds like, but I don't know what they look like. A Chiffchaff that is.

Pete said...

well St J it goes

Chiff Chaff

St Jude said...

Doh!!!