Saturday, February 26, 2011

Daffs and a Little Grebe brighten the day

Thursday - Warm and sunny.
Friday - Warm and sunny.
Saturday - Wet and grey.

Wow what a surprise.

I decided to head to Rye Meads before I got there I espied this at Rye Gate House



Oh Rye Gatehouse


It was fairly quiet at Rye Meads, the resident birds were in good voice with Robins, Chaffinches, Dunnocks, Blue and Great Tits singing. A few Long Tail flocks.

Highlights? Pair of Grey Wagtails and two Green Sandpipers.

This little chap gave my camera some exercise.







A few buds appearing

4 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Do you suppose you could ship that Gatehouse over to me...please. The daffs are wonderful as are the pictures of the little bird. Glad you got out to get some pictures. Always a pleasure to look at.

Tricia Ryder said...

You did well to get the Dabchick wo well in today's weather!! Good to get out despite the wet though!!

ShySongbird said...

You made the most of it despite the weather Pete.

Lovely to see the daff in flower already and also the Dabchick, they usually disappear on me just as I am pressing the button :)

holdingmoments said...

Good to see the daffs coming out now Pete.
Lovely shots of the Little Grebe.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.