Saturday, July 24, 2010

A little bit of everything

Well I had an agenda today however NOTE TO SELF CHECK THE OPENING TIMES OF HOUSES.

I went to Maidstone

The church wasn't opening until 10, there was some nice old buildings around it.




I thin this is the old Bishops Palace,


now used as a registry office.


775 All Saints, Maidstone
















I then found out the house and garden I was visiting was closed Saturday. The second small house nearby wasn't open til 1 so I went to Emmetts Garden.

























The other house was open by now BUT there had been a Wood Sandpiper at Rye Meads seen til yesterday and it would be a patch tick so .....

it wasn't there.




However I did see some Garganey. A juvenile and an adult I think.


4 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Sounds like a good day out despite a minor setback. Some good pics there and especially the insects; Emmetts garden looks interesting and varied.

The Wessex Reiver said...

Hi Pete. I noticed from Tricia's blog you were wondering about your grasshoppers. they are field Grasshopper - Chorthippus brunneus the only other species which it could be is the mottled grasshopper but that's much smaller. Identified by kinked thorax markings and the male has a reddish abdomen. Hope that helps. Andrew

The Quacks of Life said...

thanks Andrew.

I'm a bit annoyed with myself. If I had read my guide properly...... I had dismissed this by not reading the notes thoroughly

Anonymous said...

Extra special bee on the blue. :-)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.