Friday, May 14, 2010

Travelling

I had to go to Sheffield on business yesterday. The meeting started at 10:30 but I awoke at 4 and at 4:30 as I was showing no signs of dozing got up and headed out at 5:10. I arrived at Sheffield at 8:01 (that's what was shown on my car park ticket).

I had a coffee and then with my GF1 took a few pics of the centre of Sheffield and its Cathedral.




The old church was raised to cathedral status in 1914. It's been a bit mucked about with over the years but worth a wander around.

















A couple of Trams.




I also walked past the Crucible, home of the World Snooker Championship.

I then sat in the sun with my book until the meeting started.

I stayed with Diane and Keith who kindly cooked me a nice meal and gave me a comfy bed - thanks very much.

Not done much today I drove straight back but stopped into Hatfield Forest to have a quick peak at the lake. The Grebes seem to have a chick hitching a ride and there were two terns on the tern raft.

Not sure when the next post will be either Saturday or Monday dependent on wifi other than that it will be next Sunday.

2 comments:

Janine said...

Been on the road a lot lately Pete! This is a beautiful series.

Tricia Ryder said...

Did a double take when I saw the first picture - thought it was London!

Seems a pleasant time spent whilst waiting for a meeting. Great pictures again!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.