Friday, December 04, 2009

Christmas Presents

An article appeared on the BBC website yesterday entitled Should we Stop buying Christmas Presents.

As a kid I always enjoyed receiving presents, well we all did but now? No not really I am a nightmare to buy for. Anything I want I normally buy, a refrain from a friend once was "Pete stop buying xxxxxx how can I get you a present".

So I'm not buying any presents this year! Dad never wants one anyway!! I will be buying something that will do some good in the world and it will be in the name of my friends - not decided what yet!!

Some ideas:

The National Trusts Virtual Gifts
The Brooke click on the shop.
The RSPB

8 comments:

avalon said...

What a great idea and very thoughtful of you. The brooke one looks good!
May donate one in memory of my mum x

Jan said...

Good idea. I can't get in the mood at all this year for one reason or another. But then I never did much I suppose. Sigh.

Tricia Ryder said...

What a lovely thought and idea; and presents that will definitely be appreciated. Not heard of Brooke but glad I have now...

Eagleseagles said...

Presents are for the great neices and nephews!Apart from friends where its traditional and not expensive - the rest of the family adults -I think we have all decided we are happy enough with seeing each other!

Anonymous said...

I have a present I want to send you...can you guess? I can see it outside my window, I just don't want to be greedy and keep it to myself.

The Quacks of Life said...

leaz - uhm uhm. no no be greedy :D

ST said...

Pete ,
this is a good idea,BUT you need to tell the people you are buying for.
My mother-inlaw, a church going, charity minded person. Spare time, works in charity shops, spent a reasonable sum of money on her brother and sister inlaw last year. To find she had given a goat to africa.
In her eyes this was not a fair exchange of gifts.
Not that she objected to the act.

The Quacks of Life said...

ah but st. they don't expect anything!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.