Friday, October 26, 2007

This and That

I have been notoriously lax in doing this bird spotting lark of late. I suppose I should be stuck on a hill somewhere doing "vismigs"** and counting House Pigeons and ignoring blogging birds** but as it is I'll be off to Norfolk for a few days.

Norfolk being Norfolk the chances of my hotel having wifi access are none. I'll take the camera and hopefully have some birds and landscapes for you. I'll be visiting the usual haunts. I don't imagine I'll be driving all over the place for a "tick". I'll try not to fall over and get my trousers caked in mud like last January. Oh and note toself pack pants!!

I have promised OC a picture of the most unusal monument in any parish church in the country. I'd better not forget now!

For those of you interested (hello twitchibirder :D ) I've now used 25 days holiday and have 3 I must use this year.

Oh and thanks to Corinna for pointing me to the story of two Hen Harriers found dead on the Queen's estate at Sandringham. No doubt someone thought they would interfere with the hunting he says sarcastically. You could despair. They are lovely birds.

** vismig is visible migration and a blogging bird is "one who doesn't have a life, but still manages to write pages and pages of sh*te every day that nobody wants to read". Apparently it is important and worthy unlike twitching. Frankly I couldn't be bothered if it floats your boat then fine by me

3 comments:

Cherrypie said...

I might have joined you if I'd known. Maybe that's why you kept quiet.

Have fun x

oldcrow61 said...

lol, you'd better not forget. I'm anxious to see this monument.

The Quacks of Life said...

oc - yes boss

cp - you would have been more than welcome. never mentioned it to twitchi either so nowt (ooh all Northern) personal

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.