Saturday, October 20, 2007

Kew Gardens

So where to today? Some good birds about but I'm off to Norfolk next week so something else.

I had a few choices but all of them offered me the chancec to get in to .....

656 St Anne's Kew Green










So I decided to go to Kew Gardens. Now I knew where the car park was so like a mug I went there. I should have stayed where I was because Kew charge you £5 to park even if you visit the gardens. Given the gardens are £12 somemthing and Kew Palace £5 Growl

I went around Kew Palace which is a bit bare if you ask me. Its in the care of Historic Royal Palace and surely they could present it a bit better....




If I sound like Mr Grumpy I ought to say it was a lovely day and the gardens looked lovely. The gardens were also display some Henry Moore sculptures....
























There is lots of wildlife in Kew including a Badger sett (no I don't have a photo).





















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame you didn't text or e-mail me to let me know you planned on a visit to Kew G..I could have told you where to park for free (and might have been able to get you in on a friends pass....to the Gardens)not that I was in west London today still!
In all the time I have lived in West London I have never bothered to go in the house!!
I love going to the Gardens each season - so different- Autumn is one one of the loveliest times!

C

The Quacks of Life said...

The only planned bit was Kew Green church. Was considering Syon, Oysterley and Marble Hill House.

Would like to go back in summer.

oldcrow61 said...

Gorgeous pictures Pete.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics - the light is beautiful in them.

The Quacks of Life said...

about time we had some light after the summer we had!!

Mary said...

Great photos , but a £5 parking charge on top of the entrance fee would put me off! The last time I went to Kew I think it cost a £1 to get in!

Tricia Ryder said...

Pete - I'm staggered that they are charing £5 for the car park. It was only £3.50 when I was last there. Should have mentioned that I park in side roads - ooops - sorry.

"Now she tells me" I hear you mutter.

Glad to you made it though!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.