Friday, October 20, 2006

Collecting People

I was tagged for this by Beki, the idea is that bloggers list five things about them which aren't generally known in the hope that 'writerly' people can pick up ideas, or find help with research or character development. So, here are five things about me, that you may not know . . .

1) I suffer from gout

2) I used to push trolleys around Sainsbury's for a Saturday job.

3) I was 30 minute Chess Champion of Harlow

4) I played balloon tennis one new years eve. we got called in and we were waiting for jobs to run. The new office layout gave a good court!!

5) on a geography field trip our dorm couldn't get to the loos. a few of us peed into bag and through out of window. discovered tents there next day. whoops

I'm not tagging anyone but feel free to take part

PLEASE LEAVE THE FOLLOWING IN ALL ‘PEOPLE COLLECTION’ POSTS

Remember that it isn’t always the sensational stuff that writers are looking for, it can just as easily be something that you take for granted like having raised twins or knowing how to grow beetroot. Mind you, if you know how to fly a helicopter or have worked as a film extra, do feel free to let the rest of us know about it :-)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Pete, I'm shocked! Those poor campers - actually I thought it was really funny LOL

Sharon J said...

Oh God! Not gout! My dad used to suffer with that and it looked sooooo painful!

So it was you who threw the bag, eh? I've been looking for the culprit for years :-)

The Quacks of Life said...

Hi Sharon

had gout for 22 years. Oh it was agony, I take tablets now.

sorry about the bag :)

anyway nice of you to pop by.

Boo said...

WHERE do we post them Pete?

The Quacks of Life said...

on your blog or in the comments boo.

Boo said...

Thanks, here goes then:

1) I nearly drowned TWICE!

2) I was in the Girls' Life Brigade, same as Girl Guides!

3) I used to teach Line Dancing and exercises to Over 60s and people with disabilities. I had a "Scope" class.

4) I cut off all my hair and when the teacher asked who had ruined my lovely hair, I told her it was my mum. They still have photographic evidence and constantly pull it out to remind me.

5) I pinched an orange from our greengrocers (I was only 5) and tucked it up my knicker leg. My mother spotted it and took me inside and made me tell the greengrocer (I was SO humilated) He gave me TWO oranges to take home. Who says crime doesn't pay! :)

Anonymous said...

If this was word association.

Gout = Henry VIII

But I'm sure you wouldn't cut off your wive's heads!

Thanks for taking part!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.