Friday, March 03, 2006

What time is it?

I woke this morning at the usual ridiculously earlier time and fumbled for the radio.

it was 136 for 1 overnight I think. So when I heard the commentator mentioned Tendulkar I was pleased we had made a breakthrough, when I heard the name Kaif I almost woke up!! Panesar got his first wickt whilst I was getting dressed and by the time I got in the car Freddie had removed Dhoni so England were, and whisper this, "on top"!! 190-6 at lunch!!

Collingwood is having a super winter. Scored runs in Pakistan and now gets his debut ton here. With young Cook doing well with the bat and Panesar bowling well (Tendulkar as your first wicket!!) and showing a bit of guts with the bat there is now pressure for places. Vaughan, Trescothick, Jones and Giles aren't certainties to get back and Pieterson can't hold his place in the team based on one, admittedly very fine!, innings and some dodgy haircuts. He and Bell will both be desperate for runs to cement there places.

The one thing that really winds me up is the scheduling there are no further warm up games and all there are test matches so how does Owais Shah try and stake a place. Yes I KNOW I've already said that.

Well made the journey to work that much more pleasant.

No birding tomorrow I am taking the "old folks" out shopping. That said I'm sure we'll stop for lunch somewhere I might be able to have a stroll ;)

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.