Friday, March 24, 2006

Mobiles

Until 1998 ish I never owned a mobile phone I went about my life quite happily.

Now if I go out without my mobile phone I'm worried in case someone wants me and can't get me! Take today I've left mine at home and I feel naked without the damn thing! Is that sad or what?

One of the things that do irritate me is people on trains who continually phone people to tell them the most inane things. Bit like Bill Bryson's skit in "Notes from a Small Island" of the bloke phoning his wife to tell her he'll be home at 6:15 "yes same as usual".

Of course I appreciate that they are very useful (Car breaks down etc) but this dependency on them is alarming.

2 comments:

Boo said...

I agree about the people on trains, also people in supermarkets now, while shopping!!! What is that all about? Don't they make lists before they leave home?

My phone is for emergencies only, or for people to contact me when I am not at home, it is usually used for texting more than speech (It doesn't know the word "Bittern" though) However, I seem to have misplaced it and the battery must have run down, so I can't call the number to find it, I am bereft!

The Quacks of Life said...

yes the amount of times i've found it by dialling it.....

as for bittern? mine has away of doing it for blondie!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.