Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Wrest Park

English Heritage have reopened a few properties and one was Wrest Park.

Wrest was built in the 1830's and was inspired by the buildings its owner saw in Paris. The house has had a chequered past and until recently was a research centre. In 2006 English Heritage started a massive restoration project.

Obviously the house is closed but that was not a problem as my reason for going is the gardens which are excellent. There is a variety of habitats.

There was an outside kiosk so I picked up a Coffee.

























And obviously I didn't have  the right lens ! Next time.....



















I sat by the broad water and ate my soup.




At this point I heard Thunder in the distance so I wandered off.






And the rain started.






With the heavens opening I wandered home. Lovely place Wrest I will be back!

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.