Friday, June 19, 2020

Cambridge University Botanical Garden

I wandered off to the Cambridge University Botanical Gardens today. My plan was to park at the park and ride and walk to the gardens. Now last time I did this the car park was heaving but today? uh flipping heck.. it wasn't a quarter fall, that maybe overestimating!

I got to the garden (I had pre-booked) realised I had left my bottle of water at home so went for a coffee. The cafe was closed but they were serving takeaway through a hatch.





I was sat  drinking a coffee and a elderly couple were sitting, there daughter and grand kids I assume turned up 5 minutes after and sat opposite. The daughter got up took something out of her bag and quickly hand it over.... No not drugs .... FLOUR, It looked like a drugs handover!








impressive wildflower meadow,










 only had a travel lens.... typical

















Weird weather... at one point it got warm and I was tempted to take my jacket off then it rained? then I sat and read and then the heavens opened! So I walked back to the car and the sun came out!

Oh and I saw two Red Legged Partridges in Trumpington Park and Ride car park!

It was a nice walk and the garden looked nice.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

It looks lovely especially the wild flower meadow.

Flour is very difficult to come by. Supermarkets here just don't have it - in fact lots of baking ingredients are still constantly out of stock which is a huge pain!!! I did get some flour mail order from Shipton Mill though :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.