Sunday, March 01, 2020

Out and about

My friend Jan is up from Cornwall for birthday celebrations with the family but came for a visit Saturday.

I picked up from her daughters, dropped cases at my place  and put the evening meal in the fridge and went off.

So where to for lunch? Well West Street Vineyard? Jan likes a vineyard ;) So a nice lunch (post burger) and a chat and off to Baythorne Hall to purchase some wine (trend?) and some cheese.

Finally we went to Finchingfield for a walk and a coffee.

Finchingfield is that quintessential picture post card village. Alas it is packed with cars at weekends later this year I'll get to visit it in the week.

The water is incredibly high higher.



Always mallards about. I love me a mallard!



There are some cool village signs in Essex




St John the Baptist




Not sure what is going on here.... he was just sitting on the arch. Is he lost?
















A candle to my folks


The guildhall







The evening was a nice meal (i sort of cooked ;) ) and dominos music and wine.... a throw back to the old days thanks Jan

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.