Monday, November 04, 2019

A night at the Opera

I went to see English Touring Opera (ETO) on Saturday at Saffron Hall

The evening didn't start well when I couldn't get into Ask or Prezzo in Saffron Walden at 5pm!! So my dinner was from the chippy!

The ETO

is the leading touring opera company in the UK. ETO travels to more regions and to more venues than any other English opera company, touring annually to around 55 venues and presenting as many as 110 performances per year. Our aim is to offer opera to everyone, with a varied repertoire of high-quality professional productions featuring some of the finest talent in opera.

The performance I was seeing was Mozart's Escape from the Seraglio or as it was called here The Seraglio. This is not one of Mozart's most famous opera's but Saffron is a very convenient location for me!

This is a comic opera or in this case Songspiel and obviously however well sung it was (and I am not qualified to coment on that) it has to be funny... and it was !! The performers had great comic timing.... Osmin and Perdrillo were both very funny. The set was excellent and it was visually a treat... .ok perhaps not ROH standard but for a travelling company really good.

I am just hoping that ETO visit Saffron in the Spring!

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.