Saturday, September 21, 2019

Pisa Day 6

I was up relatively early today as I was heading home. I wanted to get to Pisa Airport put my bag in left luggage and look around Pisa.












I was tempted to go around the Duomo but given the hour and a half wait I wandered into town




I went into the Botanic Garden and had a sit and enjoyed the quiet. And the views of the tower are interesting.













So back to town






I've been to Pisa many times but never managed to visit Santa Maria della Spina which was built in 1230 and enlarged in 1325. In 1871 the church was dismantled and rebuilt on a higher level due to dangerous infiltration of water from the Arno river.








I stopped for a coffee









Lot's of sculpture in the town



We saw this in Lucca











So I was back to the Railway station and got the Pisa Mover to the airport and home!

A great holiday!

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.