Friday, September 20, 2019

Lucca - Day 5

So my last full day in Lucca.

My hotel was the building to the right and there are trout in the water way....



I started off  by going to the top of the Torre Guinigi. When my friend Cheryl first suggested visiting Lucca I wasn't convinced til I saw a picture with a tower with a tree on top of it!!


There are great view up there but I am convinced it is steeper than it was ;) Although I did leave some people younger than I behind me!





The amazing church of San Michele in Foro





















I wandered to the duomo/cathedral





The Duomo/Cathedral
























The view back to another church... this one holds a Puccini concert each night




So off to a late lunch a lovely bowl of pasta and a half litre of house white!

I wandered back to the Piazza San Michele in Foro..


For a Cappuccino Con Pana and watched the world go by...

I went up to the walls and took a gentle amble to my hotel in 30c !




And that was my last day in Lucca

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.