Sunday, August 11, 2019

Sandringham

I went to Sandringham today. For those who know this holds big sentimental value to me.

My friends Rebecca and Stuart have never been and as now you can get one visit free per year if you are a HHA member decided to break their duck. Annoyingly I'm an HHA member and totally forgot this and paid!












As you can see the house is being restored!














This is new.... it's the Queen's horse Estimate!







You can't take photos in the house and I didn't go in.... but you can in the museum....

















The weather broke about this time and we dodged the showers! Some of which were heavy.











St Mary Magdalene, Sandringham which used to not allow photos but now does! I had assumed the church was Victorian but it is in fact 16th century though heavily restored with a Kempe interior.












Great day out, thanks guys!

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

The gardens there look rather lovely and the museum interesting :) A superb pulpit and roof in the church :) A lovely set of images.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.