Saturday, August 24, 2019

Melford Hall and church

It is a glorious August Bank Holiday and I knew everywhere would be heaving..... I thought Melford Hall would be less heaving as it is a smaller property....

I was of course early so I wandered to the amazing parish church.

The hospital and church... the hospital was founded in 1573 by William Cordell it is administered for the poor of Long Melford



There were some buddleia bushes by the hospital, they were alive with Painted Ladies... a VERY conservative estimate is 25
































So the church



I obviously headed straight for lunch to get a table outside... no cream cheese but some real cheese..


These days there can be a corporateness at some National Trust properties but smaller ones like Melford escape this.... I appreciate that there are cost savings but I wish the Trust allowed properties to be different..... the gifts and ranges are identical nowadays.



















a lovely day !

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Beautiful photos especially of those lovely Painted Ladies - a great total by the way! :) The church looks so interesting - love the stained glass of the 3 rabbits?

The Quacks of Life said...

it is three hares :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.