Monday, July 15, 2019

Middleham Castle and Parcevall Hall Gardens

My journey to Middleham Castle featured some beautiful views...



and then there were cows on the road... eventually he moved off..... those horns!


Middleham Castle was the home of Warwick the Kingmaker it was also where Richard III lived as a child and later his home. You could say "here is history".













The view from the top of the keep is rather good.





I was the only one present when I was there..... I do appreciate the English Heritage staff who man these properties.

So off to Parcevall Hall Gardens.... I hadn't heard of it but it came up on the HHA website. It has links with the shrine at Walsingham.

It was lunchtime so I had the gardeners lunch a sort of ploughman's very nice.... a range of cheese not just a chunk of cheddar.


































I wandered back to the tearoom and the young guy said were you at table 9? I suddenly remembered I hadn't paid for lunch!! OMG I was so embarrassed!! I gave them a tip.

Lovely garden well worth a visit if you are in the area.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

So much history in the castle - it looks magnificent :) The gardens are beautiful and lol re: the tearoom :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.