Saturday, July 13, 2019

East Riddlesden Hall

I am back in Yorkshire but in a part of Yorkshire I've never been to, West Yorkshire. In fact I'm close to the Lancashire border.

So a National Trust property I have NEVER been to East Riddlesden Hall. The hall is described as mid 17th century but it is older and I think what it means is it was modified into its current look in the 1640's.

As I drove to it I was a bit doubtful as I was driving through a hardly memorable environment however as soon as I entered the drive....


Pretty impressive eh!

A terrapin or turtle?



Instead of going straight around the house I wandered around the garden which are smallish but attractive...




This wing never caught fire it just fell into ruin due to build quality I believe.










So the Scone and a good start!


Into the house








You can see what it would have looked like,














Cat!








The trust are creating a dementia garden for 2020. great idea.




Medieval barn,




So that East Riddlesden Hall.... not one to drive miles to get to BUT a lovely small property that if you are in the area is well worth a visit.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely photos Pete - it does look an impressive house and the gardens are wonderful. Enjoy your holiday :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.