Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Brimham Rocks & Ripley Castle

So another day of firsts....

I have been meaning to go to Brimham Rocks. I have been meaning to go for ages but ....

The rock formations were created by Millstone Grit being eroded by water, glaciation and wind. Some of the formations are quite spectacular.

Oh apparently there were adders about today but I never saw any.





























There were no Scones :(

So where next? I have been to Fountains Abbey many times so Skipton Castle or Ripley Castle? It really ought to be Skipton as I'm not likely to be in this part of the country for a while but I've driven past Ripley many times so..... oh and it is HHA  so it was free :)

The castle is visited by guided tour.... it was a lovely day so I gave that a pass and enjoyed a wander around the lake. And for some reason I thought the tours finished at 12:30 but they seemed to be going on during the afternoon.

The setting is lovely.












Hello what's this flitting along by the lake? A painted lady!!













So with views of the lake, I sat and read a book.... excellent day.....

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.