Saturday, May 25, 2019

Long Melford

So what to do today? Well I haven't been to Melford Hall for a while (March '19) so off I went!

First stop the mighty church of Holy Trinity!

















There is a famous piece of glass in the church (and I had TOTALLY the wrong lens to get a pic, I keep saying that!) and here is it is on the altar cloth











And so to Melford Hall







Fruit Scone.... nice!















The house was badly hit by fire in 1942 (pre National Trust) and rebuilt after the war....with a Danish minimalist feel (Lady Hyde Park was Danish)






















Cheese & Chive Cream tea



It was a lovely day I say and read for a bit....

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

The weather looks glorious. A beautiful church and I love the stained glass and the rose on tomb. The hall gardens look a peaceful place to sit and read :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.