Friday, May 17, 2019

Heligan and Pencarrow

I wasn't sure what to do today.... One option was kiboshed as the garden was closed......

My friends Stuart and Rebecca were going home today so we met up for a few hours at the Lost Gardens of Heligan.

The gardens were neglected after the 1st World War and were not restored to the 1990's. They are now incredibly popular and hence busy!

















Memorial to the garden who died in WWI


We headed back to the cafe. Which was good for birds!







Stuart and Rebecca headed home and I picked up a pack of sandwiches and headed off






Into the jungle




















And back up...



A few birds at the hide obviously the Nuthatch and Great Spotted Woodpecker camera shy!








AH...



So I decided I'd get a drink at my next venue Pencarrow...... and it was shut!! Well the facilities were but the garden was open on an honest box system.

I like Pencarrow!!

























No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.