Monday, May 27, 2019

Audley End and Prior's Hall Barn

I could have gone ANYWHERE but bank holiday weekends are notoriously busy so I stayed local and went to Audley End (it did get busy but I was early).



















There were around 4 pairs of nesting coots but this one had young..... if any Mallards came close this fella chased them off!














Into the Elysian Garden where there was a pair of Swans with 6 cyngnets












I stopped for a read and then wandered on and couldn't see the youngster until PEAKABOO, yep all 6!





I've never been to Priors Hall Barn. The timbers were cut down down 1417-1442  and according to English Heritage stylistically it matches the period.







No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.