Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Venice Day 2 -

The forecast for the break was good but for this day? Uh rubbish! Lots of rain and grey. I stuck my water proof on slipped a camera in my pocket and went for a wander.






The Rialto bridge



The view from the top..... we'll be back with blue skies later













And so we come to the church of Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari. The current church was built between around 1340-1440. It is pretty stunning inside.

























So on I wandered, well around the corner ;) This is the Scula Grande di San Rocco.



This is the church of San Rocco


So into the scula. Which is famed for its rather amazing collection of Tinoretto's.

















And into the church. It was built between 1489 and 1508 but the facade dates to the late 1720's.









Off again.











I do love how you can buy fruit and veg from a boat.




Again you'll see this in better light later.








La Fenice the Venice opera house.








Back in St Mark's square






To be fair it rained a lot less than the forecast.

That'll do I walked about 10 miles according to the app on my phone.

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.