Monday, March 25, 2019

Venice Day 1

I had a smooth journey to Venice. Upon arrival I got my boat ticket into Venice and did the long walk to the boat stop. I was told the next boat was 12:45. Upon arrival I joined the queue but the Alilaguna staff had an extra boat only stopping at Rialto which was my stop so result!

I checked into my room and headed out....

Looking back to my hotel.




St Mark's Square .... the basilica it was busy!






The gondolas on the edge of St Mark's



Yellow Legged Gull, lots of these.




The famed view to San Giorgio



The Bridge of Sighs.









At Arsenale I decided to head back to my hotel but the back route. It was very quiet.




The Campo Arsenale









I love the way you walk along and find a line of washing hanging up.












I had a coffee in the square my hotel was on and went to unpack. I had a very nice evening meal at a restaurant close to the hotel.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

A lovely set of images of your first day :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.