Sunday, March 24, 2019

Rye Meads

As the sun was shining I decided to wander around Rye Meads

All though I had seen a Chiffchaff in January I heard my first singing birds today. It always makes me feel good as it means Spring is definitely coming.... There were quite a few singing today. Also there were lots of butterflies on the wing.

Gadwall



Tufted Duck



Gadwall again




Coot


Robi



Dunnock




Other highlights? Singing Chiffchaff,  Cettis Warbler, 2 * Oystercatchers and 2 Redshanks. Lots of Long Tailed Tits. Curiously someone told me they saw Bramblings. Sceptical? yeah but some years ago a chap at Amwell described a female Redstart sitting on the path.... none of us believed him (he wasn't a birder) but off we went and... yup!

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.