Sunday, January 27, 2019

Cambridge University Botanic Garden

I haven't been to the Cambridge University Botanic Garden for 10 years! However my friends Barty & Stuart go there once a week and yesterday they offered to show me around.

The garden was created for Cambridge University in 1831 by Professor John Stevens Henlow (who was Darwin's mentor) the garden was opened to the public in 1846.



Lots of snowdrops about































The cafe ! The food all looked very tasty.  I had the Tomato & Herb soup which was rather nice...


































All very nice! I'll have to come back in Spring! 

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

It looks rather lovely there -a great set of images Pete. I haven't been to Cambridge for over 40 years! It looks well worth the journey :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.