Wednesday, November 14, 2018

of Maps and phones

I have long eschewed the Sat Nav however when I was in Derbyshire one day I wasn't certain when one village was (it wasn't in my map book) and I thought I know I'll use google maps and it took me straight there on the same day I used it to navigate through Derby.

Now you would think that would be that as I don't need it at home? right? well no! I now use it constantly. Why you ask? Well the other week it warned me of a problem on my route and I cut across country, I later learned that I had missed a couple of hours delay!!

On Thursday as I left work it warned me of a big accident on the M11 as I approached the m11 on the A406 I saw lots of traffic but maps took me up the A406 on roads I have never been on and got me home.

I used it with Dad the other week and he thought it was magic!

Very useful this technology lark, but of course I still make sure I know where I am going but it's a very handy backup.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

I tend to use a mix of methods! Map, google directions and I do take the satnav in case I get hopelessly lost!

I always check AA traffic website before going on a motorway journey to see if the are any problems. Mu daughter has an app on her phone that has maps and warns of traffic problems etc. which sounds similar to what you are using.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.