Saturday, October 20, 2018

Out and about with Uncle Pete Sheep

My friends Rebecca and Stuart are even more bonkers than me ! They have a sheep who has a twitter account (uh more than one actually) and Uncle Pete Sheep reviews beers and likes Pies. I offered to take Pete to the Dunwich Heath Pieathon which was today!

We went to Southwold first....









Southwold is famed for its beach huts



Enjoying the beach!




Now I like Southwold. It feels a lot like and old fashioned seaside town. It generally has escaped the big brands coming into it (I was surprised to find a Costa), there are a couple of kiosks along the front that look decent cafes. I accept it is a little up market but it feels different and I approve of that






The pier is nice the right mix of amusements arcades and the quirky









The lovely St Edmunds church














Rebecca rather likes Seasalt. She wears it "occasionally".  Pete travels in a Seasalt bag and wears a natty Seasalt scarf as there is a branch I nipped into take a photo..... I did explain to the staff but I'm sure they thought I'm nuts ;)


Pete obviously HAD to buy some essential supplies.


So off to Dunwich Heath which today had a pieathon!



The Menu


PIES


No we never ate the lot! Some are for tea :)

Alas didn't see any Dartford Warblers.



 And the weather was lovely.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

A lovely set of photos - it looks as though Pete enjoyed himself immensely :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.