Thursday, September 13, 2018

Guernsey Day 4 - Sculpture and History

I started  by visiting the parish church of St Martins to visit La Gran’mère du Chimquière a neolithic stone statue made around 4000BC  (there is another on the island apparently). She sits JUST outside of the churchyard



The parish church alas is not exciting.





I wandered to Suasmarez Manor to look around the tropical garden and sculpture park






















I could have done the house tour but instead headed for the coast.


This chap was paying attention to my crab sandwich!




The Pleinmont Observation tower was open today.








nice views.








I was a top a hill and below if you look to the left you can the Table des Pions I went to on the Monday.




2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

The standing stone carved in the shape of a figure is just superb :) Interesting set of sculptures (some I like more than others!) but I do like the stone camera :) A great set of photos :)

The Quacks of Life said...

TBH the camera and angel my faves.... you could by a lot of them VERY VERY EXPENSIVE !!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.