Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Norfolk Day 5 - Sheringham & Felbrigg

I have moved from West to East Norfolk. I know it a lot less well but I am here to pick up the final 2 churches for my Norfolk list.

I stopped at Sheringham.... this is another of those seaside towns that has seen better days. The really good book shop has gone :( but the ironmongers and butchers remain.... alas it is full of charity shops





Along the seafront there are murals and exhibits about the coastal heritage.









Felbrigg is an old friend.....I'm not sure that doing the 1.5 mile lake walk was sensible :)


St Margaret's church.... I haven't got a  clue why it is so far from its village. It predates the hall by several centuries




The sheep had the right idea.






The house was built in the 17th century



The scone was ok.... it was close to being very good but didn't quiet make.



The walled garden is stunning it really is. There was at least one Painted Lady one I saw clearly. I got a brief view of what I thought was a Painted Lady



































Due to lack of volunteers the upstairs was not open.












I walked to the shop to buy a bottle of water and BANG!! Ragged Robin 0 The Quacks of life 1 !! One year Caroline one year,,,,,





Love this!


No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.