Friday, July 27, 2018

Norfolk Day 7 - A chapel and Blickling Hall

I went to Norwich today, I didn't stop as it was unbearably hot and humid!! BUT mission accomplished. I've visited all of Jenkin's Norfolk Churches!

874 - Octagon Unitary Chapel Norwich

It was completed in 1756 and is a perfect Octagon. It is an example of English Neo-Palladian. It was built as the first Methodist chapel but is now used by the Unitarians.








There are 50 of these in Norfolk and this was on my way back! I would like to have seen more but as I say it was so HOT and HUMID



Ah Blickling ! I have been coming here for 40 years. In the old days you could park your car in the orchard and Mum & Dad would sit in deck chairs and picnic.... today  you park in a .... car park....






Best Scone of the week!












I've never visited the walled garden since the trust started the restoration and a cracking job they've done.













There are a series of installations about books.... some work! some don't/








































I have now completed everything I wanted to do... so what do I do tomorrow?

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Well done on visiting all of the Norfolk churches in the Jenkins' book :) Love the hare - they have had some of those trails in Birmingham and some of the models are superb - although they haven't used hares!

The hall and gardens are beautiful.

I am sure you are already on visits for today but how about Cley Marshes? or one of those churches that has ship graffitti? Enjoy today whatever you do and hope it is not so hot and humid for you. I gather Norfolk had thunderstorms last night - it is cooler here but no thunder and no rain to speak of!!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.