Sunday, June 17, 2018

Exploring the Cotswolds

I like Bibury I have pics of Mum from my last holiday taken there...but if you go to Bibury go early..... it gets full of Japanese tourists and they do like taking photos of each other! I was early!







The famed Arlington Row built in 1380...... i must admit i'd hate to live there with tourists pointing cameras at you....











Lodge Park is just up to the road it was built as a bandstand to watch deer coursing. In the 19th century Lodge Park was modified into a house, then a row of cottages, and then into a house again. It was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1982, and restored to its original form as a grandstand.











Also nearby is Chedworth Roman Villa with its very fine mosaics... there was an exhibition of a gladiatorial nature.




















And finally Lower Slaughter which I always enjoy a walk around.









Now I assumed this was one family and later was worried that mum and 5 of the youngsters had gone over small weir leaving 3 behind..... I was relieved (yes I am soppy) when another flew in and was obviously their Mum






And when they came to the weir I waited to see they were safe ;)

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

A lovely day out by the looks of it :) The amount of tourists teeming round villages is the one thing I don't like about the Cotswolds. I couldn't believe the amount of selfie sticks people from abroad were carrying and waving around when we went to Blenheim Palace :(

I do love Bibury and the Slaughters - so very picturesque. Lower Slaughter was the last place where I saw a Water Vole!

Ragged Robin said...

ps Glad to read all was well with the ducklings :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.