Sunday, April 08, 2018

Cotehele & Pencarrow

As I woke this morning something strange was happening..... the sun was shining!! It was cool but I could live with that.

I headed first to Cotehele.

Cotehele probably started around 1300 but what you seen was built between 1485-1520 and is considered one of the least altered Tudor buildings in the country, largely because it was largely abandoned by its family (They moved to Mount Edgcumbe in Devon).

It has a lovely garden and views. And as I arrived I realised that the sun was warming up!










I was pleased to hear my first Chiffchaff and Blackcap



















I sat and finished the short story I was reading (Jack Williamson)



























Lunch....


I wandered down to the Quay







Well the day was youngish so I headed to Pencarrow which is next door to my hotel! On the way I saw 3 Swallows :)


Pencarrow is a Georgian house and it was open today but I was all for enjoying that sun! Not having to wear a jacket was BLISS!





I never got a picture but saw a Peacock butterfly, oh and heard and saw a Raven

















Your blogger enjoying the sun......





2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Cotehele looks so beautiful - I would really lovely to visit there one day. The other property looks good too. I really must return to Cornwall. Love the selfie :)

Tricia Ryder said...

Wow... glad you got sunshine and brilliant skies... makes a difference.. and swallows et al too... that's what holidays are about :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.