Sunday, March 25, 2018

Suffolk Country Parks

For years I've seen signs for a "picnic site" at Foxearth, recently I noticed it was being sign posted as Melford Country Park so as Dad could do with a drive out I went to explore.

The country park is area of grassland, woodland former gravel workings which seem popular with dog walkers, including one old boy who didn't think he should pick up his dog's poo. There is a cafe which reopens next Thursday. I went for a wander.





















The ducks were a bit flighty unlike at Clare Country Park where they get well fed!






The birding highlights? A pair of Grey Wagtails, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Gadwall and Long Tailed Tits. I imagine it is a decent local patch.

So on to Clare Country Park
























Sir enjoyed the ride and I enjoyed the fresh air. Alas no Chiffchaff's!

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Both look good places to explore and glad you both enjoyed your trip out :)
The only thing that puts me off country parks is that they can be very very busy!

The Quacks of Life said...

Clare is never that busy TBH, The car park at Melford is small but was full still it never felt crowded

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.