Saturday, March 31, 2018

Paycocke's

Another lousy day of weather. I decided to head to Paycocke's a small tudor house that was built as a wedding present for Cloth merchant Thomas Paycocke.

It's a small property but an interesting one with a nice small garden that is a great place to sit and read a book when the garden is in full bloom.






This poor teddy was left out all night as part of the Easter Egg trail... BEAR ABUSE!!



















Flash-stool






Last time I was here (last year) the scone wasn't very good HOWEVER this Hot Cross Bun scone was very edible !!  I believe they are using recipe's from the excellent National Trust Scones book


I will be heading back again throughout the year.

1 comment:

Tricia Ryder said...

No rain at all here.. but it won't last.. I love Paycockes.... and the garden .. it has a peace about it.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.