Friday, January 19, 2018

Updates

Last Saturday Dad started shivering and was feeling unwell I was, as you can imagine, scared but on Sunday when I went in he was right as nine pence to coin a phrase.

On Wednesday night the doctors and nurses were happy with him and I got a call yesterday afternoon to say he was medically fit and being transferred to another hospital for recuperation to prepare him for return home. He may be there 1-8 weeks.

Annoyingly the only one he could have gone to with beds is 45 minutes away.  It is all doable thanks to the fact that we have a microwave at work and I can eat dinner there and grab a sandwich in the evening,  Sir seemed cheerful for Sir last night ;)

Blog updates this weekend will be sparse. I may not get out tomorrow as I have two lots of washing to do and I have to get his car serviced/MOTed (a while you wait jobby and guess who will be first in the queue).  I will get out Sunday, possibly Audley as that is just down the road from the hospital.

Sir was insisting that I couldn't come in afternoons and evenings but I said blow that and I'll manage it somehow.

Still he seems to be getting better and if I was a betting man I think he'll be in nearer to a week than 8.

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

So pleased to hear your Dad is slowly improving and so hope his stay in a different hospital for recuperation is short. It will be much better for him when he can continue his recovery at home. Best wishes to you both.

Tricia Ryder said...

Relief he's on the mend.. let's hope it's only 1 week.. he'll be glad to get home!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.