Monday, December 18, 2017

Not as planned

As I headed off up the M11 after lunch the rain decided to fall. I took the view that this was a waste came off the M11 at J8. I had some shopping to do at went to Tesco's at Dunmow to do it then returned home.

Now dad has been off colour these past few days and at just after 5 I got a call to same he fell really rough and could I take him to A&E. So I ate half my sandwich and flew out of the door.

So 4 1/2 hours or more later he has had blood pressure checks, ECG and a chest x-ray. He is a bit dehydrated (needs to drink more, water not tea) and a possible chest infection so he is now on a course of penicillin.

He was advised that his blood pressure medicine should be reviewed. I made an appointment this morning for the doctor to ring him. He needed to go up for a blood pressure test, I offered to drive home and take him but he said that he could get up but talking to him after he came back I should have insisted. They've cut his medication.

Let's have a picture of a smiley duck with a cup of coffee to cheer ourselves up.


1 comment:

Tricia Ryder said...

Best wishes to Dad and hope he's back to normal very soon

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.