Sunday, September 10, 2017

West Green Gardens

And so ends another holiday! I have one more left then no more til at least April! As usual I'll be covering Christmas.

I left straight after breakfast and headed up the A303 and stopped at West Green Gardens (just off J5 of the M3) to stretch my legs.

The house is owned by the National Trust. It is leased to a tenant who has initiated an opera their  and who runs the gardens. The tearoom for instance is PRIVATE and does not accept the NT loyalty cards.

It's a nice garden I think it took a drenching last night! 








































And so to the tearoom.... there were no scones when I went last time and there were none on show today. This time the young woman went to check and they were coming..... how many would I like? 1? I paid my money and she would bring it to me...

And here it is!


Yes it is tiny... and £2!!! £2!!!!  If it had been a scone of the year contender may be!! but it wasn't duck worthy (picture with Duck as Ellivia's family is sharing on facebook). I have made by flabbered gast known on twitter. Not expecting a response!! 

2 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Looks so pretty... I will have to visit sometime.. love the pic of the Q, E and C on the statue..

Ragged Robin said...

Another lovely garden :) No wonder you were flabbered gast over the scone!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.