Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Lytes Cary

I have left South Wales and am in Somerset. Curiously the pub I am staying in is right behind the church which is in the book (this happened at Hough-on-the-Hill in August) but I visited it many many years ago.

Lytes Cary is the nearest property to the pub so I drove there this morning. Lytes is a relatively small property dating from the 14th through to the 20th century. The oldest extant part is the chapel dating from 1343 and the great hall is 15th century. The house was restored and extended by Sir Walter Jenner (he bought it in 1907). It has a nice garden and there are some fine park walks.

The tea room is small (and it's scones are not homemade and come in plastic bags!!! I went for hte soup which was nice).
































































 

oh and Lytes is I think the first place Quacks appeared on this blog!!

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.