Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Botallack, Cape Cornwall & a glass of bubbles

My friends Jan & Tony picked me up to give me a day off driving.

We headed off to Botallack Mine on the Tin Coast. Both the new and original Poldark's were filmed here....

Now we arrived at Botallack and no signs! although nearby Levant was sign posted! Tony makes me look hi-tec.... I got my phone saw I had data and turned on location services..... down there I said to Tony, he looked very sceptical but I was right.... handy these smart phones.


The counting house
















Stonechat


other birds seen? Meadow Pipit, Raven and three Choughs!!!



































The tearoom is new.... I think the National Trust open them to stop NT Scones finishing her odyssey.



So on to Cape Cornwall


This is the Heinz memorial. The Heinz company bought the land for the nation in 1864.



This is St Helen's Oratory.













We ended the day at the Camel Vineyard (Tony suggested an Iron Age village, I let Jan choose!!).

Lovely day thanks guys.

2 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Looks stunningly beautiful in 'Poldark' country.. on my list for my next visit.

Ragged Robin said...

Glorious photos. The tin mine photos remind me of that super book by Daphne du Maurier called "Vanishing Cornwall"!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.