Saturday, February 18, 2017

Lavenham

I was unsure what to do today but decided as I haven't been to Lavenham for a while I'd head there.









A child burial.




This is the tomb of John Ponder in the Spourne Parcolose. He died in 1520 and would, I guess,  have left a bequest for a mass to be said for eternity. Strange that within 20 years the reformation had swept this away.




































Always worth popping into the guildhall since one of the rooms is a changing exhibition.

I had a very nice scone....




3 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

I do like Lavenham.. pity the sun didn't shine though .. fingers crossed..

Always feel uneasy when seeing the child "burial" though; but love the wood carvings..

Z said...

We had a few nights there at the end of last year - I hadn't been there for years and Tim had never visited. We really enjoyed it - unfortunately, the Guildhall wasn't open while we were there but it's not too far for a day trip. The Great House fed us fabulously, though not on scones.

Ragged Robin said...

Beautiful place Pete - Guildhall and church look so interesting. Love the crooked house in the last picture :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.