Sunday, November 20, 2016

Musical Sunday

I haven't been to Wigmore Hall for a Sunday morning coffee concert for a while and given the horrendous weather forecast we didn't set off early (oh yes I am bonkers!!)


We got off the tube at St Pauls....



I do like Paternoster Square.....







Into Pret for breakfast.... the new vegetarian breakfast pots are excellent.




























On the way back!


The concert was Maximilian Hornung (Cello) and Hisako Kawamura (Piano)

Robert Schumann
Funf Stucke im Volkston Op 102

Anton Webern
Two Pieces or cello and piano
Drei keine Stucke Op11

Johannes Brahms
Cello Sonata No 2 in F Op 99

It was a good concert. The Webern was not really my type of thing but interesting. I REALLY enjoyed the Brahms! What classical music can do well is make me contemplative.

There was an interesting modern piece as encore. Wilhem Killmayer - Caprice de Figaro. Good day out!

1 comment:

oldcrow61 said...

Those bears do get around, lol. I love the two window displays, ha ha, you know the ones I mean. The men sitting around the table item is fabulous. My old heart did a little jump when I saw it, lol.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.