Saturday, October 17, 2015

Hatfield Forest

I have not been to Hatfield Forest for AGES!!! I fancied sitting by the lake and eating a bacon and sausage sandwich so off I toddled.

Ooh that gate has been closed!



Oh no my tree has lost its branches.... :( been too long :(





Hang on lots of people in yellow jackets.... oh rats PARK RUN.... sigh this means lots of people running and noise and part of the joy of the place is the peace and quiet SIGH

Anyway the lake was incredibly quiet. Mallards, Coots, Black Headed Gulls and one Heron.








Well I can relate to this! Pic. I did see a few Jays and Green Woodies and the usual woodland suspects. I can't remember the last time I failed to see a Grebe over the forest :(




I went to the cafe and

ME - Sausage Sandwich and a Bacon Sandwich please......
Bloke on till (points at cabinet) - we only do what in the fridge

More change !! No Sausage or Bacon Sandwich's NOT GOOD,


So I'm wandering a long and I realise I don't have my bag! It has a few batteries in it and...... MR QUACKS !!!! I turned and followed my route and nothing.... I asked at the two places it might have been handed into too..... nothing.... I got to the place where I was certain I had him..... nothing... I got to the car and opened the boot and QUACKS!!! PHEW!!

So my first visit to the forest in ages and there has been change but a bunch of people running around and no Sausage sarnies is not my idea of change for the better.... I have been subsequently told that they are in the fridge and can be heated up in the panini heater and that they don't have the space to cook to order any more. As I say things change but I don't have to like it.

1 comment:

Tricia Ryder said...

The tree = tis sad ..... lack of Grebes - attributable to the boats IMHO... and the lack of cooked food is not good. They had the BBQ out on my last visit so I now know I was lucky to get a bacon roll! The new catering regime, in this instance, is not an improvement... used to be a very good selection of hot food!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.