Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.


Sunday, June 28, 2015

West Green House Gardens

West Green House doesn't feel very National Trust. No oak leaf signs guiding you etc etc...... but that's not a problem.

The house hosts an opera festival and the house is not open to the public but the pretty garden is....















































As it started raining and like a numpty i'd left my jacket in the car to the tea room.

Me (with worried expression as none on display) - Fruit Scone
Girl - I don't think we're doing them today. I could check?

For some reason she didn't (may have been my fault) and  I just slinked off home. I've found out subsequently there were scones mutter.

But the garden is lovely and well worth visiting.

4 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Garden looks very pretty... one I need to bear in mind for a visit.. pity the scones were late... Quacks seems to have enjoyed his visits too... :)

Ragged Robin said...

Beautiful gardens Pete - what a shame about the scone!

Sorry for late comment - we've been on IofW for a week! So enjoyed seeing all the beautiful places you have visited on your holiday - thanks so much for sharing :)

Heidi-Elizabeth said...

I love your mallard, is he your mascot?? We have one for my son, he still loves it now even though he is 5 and he had it when he was a tiny baby!! I will have to share you adventures with him!

Pete Duxon said...

Hi H-E

yep Mr Quacks is my mascot and travelling companion :D......

I love the little fella even though I'm still a little older than 5.... cough cough