Sunday, March 29, 2015

Florence Revisited

Was it really just under 3 years ago that I had never been on holiday outside of the UK?

As I stepped off the plane at Pisa I headed out of the airport with the air of a veteran (I've now flown here 3 times....) and headed to the Florence bus. We strolled down to the Arno dumped the bags at the hotel and headed into town......

Ah as I walked about 20m from the hotel what do I see but?  the Ponte Vecchio!



Turn a corner and soon you get to the Piazza Della Signoria


You can obviously do better than eat on the Piazza but well you have do it once!


It is an open air art gallery






The Duomo. Internally there are more impressive Churches in Florence but boy is it a looker.






On to San Lorenzo and the market


You can buy leather goods throughout Florence.







The food, the wine! We don't have anything like this in the UK!


















Back to the Piazza della Signoria and wow those sculptures!



Just HOW many students can there be in one city??


A copy of the David. Honestly the original is just different it seems to be alive.



Uffizi






A relaxed and content blogger







We had dinner, not for the first time at Ciro and Sons near San Lorenzo which I heartily recommend.

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.