Sunday, December 14, 2014

Wimpole Hall

I popped up to Wimpole Hall this afternoon. I had really intended going to Rye Meads but after lunch I decided I fancied going to Wimpole.

There was a Christmas Event going on and so the gardens were a little different. I'm sure the house was dressed for Christmas but I stayed in the fresh air.






These are daffs!!






































I wandered into the tea room for another Mince Pie scone and there were NONE!! My horror was quelled by the "Festive Cranberry and Orange scone".




There was a cheese stall and somehow some Beenleigh Blue and Sharpham cheese made its way to my car..... :) The Sharpham cheese I think I've had before and I have a bottle of their wine to go with it :)

Good afternoon.

2 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Wimpole is so much more Christmassy than either of the two props. I've been to down here.

Can't believe the growth of those daffs!! Love the wood chairs in the last pic..

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely photos and good to see the daffodils so well advanced :) The wooden reindeer seem to be making an appearance at many NT properies - saw some at Baddesley Clinton.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.